A few words about us
Behind Every Dream… is a Story
In retrospect, I always had a passion for Irish culture, travel and tour guiding, going back to my years at college. Then as a freelance tour guide back in the early 2000’s I was approached by Excursions Ireland to provide unique experience tours for their cruise ship visitors to the Emerald Isle. I jumped at this unexpected opportunity and relished the challenge. The very positive feedback I received from guests from around the world got me thinking, “could I offer my own unique Ireland tours some day?” The dream was born.
Then in 2012 I landed a job as a ‘tour director’ for an Irish hospitality company. It was around this time I met my wife to be, Jana, by sheer chance, while she was holidaying in Ireland. It transpired that she also had a flare for organizing bespoke, personalized small group tours. A year later and we were bringing Irish guests across to Central Europe on a very special Christmas markets tour experience to her home country of Slovakia!
In September 2014, I took my first 7 day chauffeur tour around Ireland. My three guests, Anne, Tom and Ryuko (all seasoned global travelers), informed me when I dropped them back at Dublin Airport, that it was one of the best holidays that they had ever experienced. That winter, Jana encouraged me to set up Ireland Guided Travel.
We’re still a family run tour business to protect our high standards. We also continue to run a limited number of tours each season in order to maintain our focus on delivering unforgettable, quality vacation experiences to every one of our valued guests.
We consider it a dream come true to provide unique, customized, private driver-guided tours of Ireland, and I personally hope to be able to bring you, your cherished family, or dear friends, on a very special tour around Ireland real soon.
Céad míle fáilte romhat – A hundred thousand welcomes awaits you…
Keith and Jana Corcoran
Why book at Tour with us?
Professional Tours Credentials
- 57 unique Ireland tours successfully delivered to date
- CIE Tours National Tour Director Diploma – High Distinction Grade
- 15 years experience as a tour guide
- 9 years experience as a tour director – planning tour itineraries/Ireland experiences
- SPSV Driver/Guide Licence holder – (full clean licence)
- All luxury tour vehicles I use are SPSV licenced and approve
- Up to Date Cert in First Aid
- Honours Degree in Irish Cultural Studies and a HDip in Irish History from the National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Milwaukee Irish Fest 2021; invited as honourary traditional storyteller and Irish author
- Author of Journey in Wonder (2010), Stepping Back in Time (2016), and Historical Mysteries and Legends of Donegal (2019)
- Traditional storyteller – have featured in a number of documentaries such as Beneath the Trees
- Festival Director of the successful 2015 ‘Donegal Festival of Storytelling’